ผศ. ดร. สุวิมล อริยประกาย
Tel.: +662 300 4553 Ext. 3797
Office: Q103/4, Hua Mak Campus
Emulsifying and interfacial properties of food emulsifiers, Nanoemulsions, Ostwald ripening, Low energy emulsification, Mass transfer in emulsions
- Ph.D. (Food Science), University of California at Davis, USA (2007)
- M. Eng. (Chemical Engineering), Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA (1998)
- B.Sc. (1st class honors) (Chemical Technology, Chemical Engineering), Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (1996)
Publication in International Journals
- Hill RJ. and Koch DL. (2002). Moderate-Reynolds-number flow in a wall-bounded porous medium. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 453, pages 315-344.
- Ariyaprakai S. and Dungan SR. (2007). Solubilization in monodisperse emulsions. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 314, pages 673–682.
- Ariyaprakai S. and Dungan SR. (2008). Contribution of molecular pathways in the micellar solubilization of monodisperse emulsion droplets. Langmuir, Vol. 24, pages 3061-3069.
- Ariyaprakai S. and Dungan SR. (2010). Influence of surfactant structure on the contribution of micelles to Ostwald ripening in oil-in-water emulsions. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 343, pages 102–108.
- Ariyaprakai S., Limpachoti T., and Pradipasena P. (2013). Interfacial and emulsifying properties of sucrose ester in coconut milk emulsions in comparison with Tween. Food Hydrocolloids, Vol. 30, pages 358-367.
- Ariyaprakai S. and Tananuwong K. (2015). Freeze–thaw stability of edible oil-in-water emulsions stabilized by sucrose esters and Tweens. Journal of Food Engineering, Vol. 152, pages 57–64.
- Ariyaprakai S., Hu X., and Tran M.T. (2019). Spontaneous Formation of Flavor Oil Emulsions by Using Sucrose Esters and Emulsion Stability Study. Food Biophysics, Vol. 14, Issue 1, pages 41-48.
Publication in National Journals
- Ariyaprakai S. and Qi W.J. (2013). Stability of orange oil-in-water emulsion prepared by multilayer membranes. KMUTT Research and Development Journal, Vol. 36, Number 2, April – June, pages 172-183.
- Ariyaprakai S. (2014). Coconut milk emulsion. KMUTT Research and Development Journal, Vol. 37, Number 1, January – March, pages 89-95.
- Ariyaprakai S. (2017). Nanoemulsion Production by Simple and Low Energy Method, Food and Applied Bioscience Journal, Vol. 5, Issue 3, September–December, pages 155-164.
- Ariyaprakai S. (2018). Freeze-Thaw Stability of Food Emulsions. Food and Applied Bioscience Journal, Vol. 6, Issue 1, January–April, pages 18-27
- Ariyaprakai S. (2019) Enhancing Stability of Essential Oil Nanoemulsions against Ostwald Ripening. KMUTT Research and Development Journal, Vol. 42, Numberr 4, October – December, pages 317-326.
- Ariyaprakai S. and Dungan SR. (2009). Roles of micelles on emulsion stability. Oral presentation. The Proceeding of 47th Kasetsart University Annual Conference: Science, 17-20 March, Bangkok, pages 103-111.
- Ariyaprakai S., Limpachoti T. and Pradipasena P. (2011). Effect of thermal treatments on properties of coconut milk emulsions prepared from sucrose ester in comparison with Tween. Oral presentation. The Proceeding of 49th Kasetsart University Annual Conference: Agro-Industry, 1-4 February, Bangkok, pages 32-42.
- Ariyaprakai S. and Alvin J. (2014). Comparative study on displacement of interfacial proteins in coconut milk emulsions by sucrose ester and Tween. Poster presentation. International Conference on Sustainable Global Agriculture and Food Security Proceeding, 16-18 July, Bangkok, pages 133-135.
- Ariyaprakai S., Le Thi Ngoc N., and Huynh Tran Tran T. (2016). Formation and stability study of flavor oil emulsions stabilized by polyglycerol esters and by sucrose esters. Poster Presentation. 18th IUFoST – World Congress of Food Science and Technology, 21– 25 August, Dublin, Ireland.